We want to assure our clients that the health and safety of both you and your beloved pet is of the utmost concern to us. We are doing all we can to keep you, your pet, and our staff as healthy as possible.
At this time, we remain OPEN for NORMAL business hours including services such as grooming. We plan to be open for regular business hours for the foreseeable future unless something changes.
If you have a patient who is on long term medications or prescription dog foods, please try and make sure you have at least a 4 week supply in reserve at home. The same goes for healthy pet diets, as well.
There are two options for home delivery of these items:
1. Purina Pro Plan Vet Direct: (link: https://www.proplanvetdirect.com/customer/account/create/?to=clinic&clinic-id=TMFHI) Free shipping on all orders of Purina Pro Plan diets and Purina Plan Prescription diets.
2. Vetsource: (link: https://biglickvetservices.securevetsource.com/site/view/58384_HomeDelivery.pml?retUrl=https://biglickvet.com/&cms) Can be used to order your pet’s food and/or medications and have them shipped directly to your home.
If you would like refills of medications or food, please call us with several days advanced notice so we can ensure we have the food and medications you’re looking for.
The ways in which we are trying to limit illness spread while still providing quality care to your family are:
1. In addition to in-hospital appointments, we continue to offer drop-off options for your pets. We are offering and encouraging drop off appointments to help prevent you from having to wait in the waiting room. For these drop off appointments, you call us from the parking lot and an assistant will come get your pet and a history. You can drop your pet off and head home and we will call you there to discuss findings when the doctor has finished their exam. We will also give you a time to pick up. You also have the option to pay with a credit card over the phone for drop off appointments. If you choose to have a drop off appointment, call us when you arrive and one of our staff can assist you upon arrival. (540) 776-0700
2. We can also provide “Low Contact Appointments” by request to help prevent you from having to wait in the waiting room. You can wait in your car in our parking lot, call us when you arrive, and have us take your pet in to be seen by our doctors and bring them out when we’re done. If you choose to have a low contact appointment, call us when you arrive and one of our staff can assist you upon arrival. (540) 776-0700
3. We ask that one person only comes in with an animal. Any other people will be asked to wait in the car to prevent large numbers of people in our waiting room. We understand that everyone loves to come to the vet office, but please try to leave additional, unnecessary family members and pets at home.
4. If needed, we will offer curbside service for medication and food pick up. Stay in your car and we will bring your product out to you!
5. We are practicing strict hygiene and cleaning protocols in order to slow the spread of germs. We will be routinely cleaning door handles, credit card machines, counters, and pens throughout the day in addition to our normal deep cleaning at the end of every day.
6. If you have been exposed to the virus, are currently sick, or have traveled recently and your pet needs assistant, please call us. We will see what can be done to accommodate your pet’s needs.
7. Our doctors may communicate by phone instead of in person.
We are regularly monitoring the CDC and American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) for information and updates regarding COVID-19. At this point, there is NO EVIDENCE to indicate that dogs and cats can become ill with COVID-19 or that they can spread COVID-19 to other pets and people.
We encourage you to take good care of yourselves, follow the recommendations of health professionals, and limit social contact when possible. We will do the same. Please have patience with us during this time. Our primary concern remains the health and safety of everyone in the Big Lick Vet family – pets and humans alike.
Please do not hesitate to call us with any questions at 540-776-0700.